Our summer vacations may be coming to an end but the warm weather hasn’t subsided which makes a delicious, healthy peach sorbet even more refreshing.
On a sweltering hot day, the enticement of a refreshing, cool, tasty treat is all too real. A healthier alternative to a thick, rich ice cream cone is a fruit based sorbet made right from your blender. With just a few simple ingredients you’ve got yourself a creamy peach sorbet that’s full of flavor without the added sugar. The best part, you can make this with whatever fruit is in season or simply grab a frozen bag of fruit from your local market. There’s no reason to feel guilty about indulging in this sweet dessert all year long!
Peach Sorbet | Gluten and Dairy Free
- 3 Bananas
- 2 Large Yellow Peaches (chopped, then frozen)
- Sprig of Mint (for garnish)
- Place bananas in the blender followed by frozen peaches.
- Pulse ingredients together for 1-2 minutes until creamy. Do not over mix as the consistency will become more like a smoothie rather than sorbet. If necessary, add handfuls of ice as needed to thicken the mixture.
- Scoop into loaf pan and place in freezer for 2 hours to allow for it thicken. Once ready to serve, top with sprig of mint for garnish.
This has quickly become my go-to summer treat as it’s gluten free, dairy free and healthy! I love having guests over for an afternoon barbecue of good food, wine and then a simple homemade dessert. They often can’t believe that the sorbet is only made up of bananas and peaches because it tastes so good!
Written By: Kristin Mansky