A classic no bake cherry cheesecake recipe with a dairy free, gluten free twist that stills portrays a decadent, rich flavor profile perfect for warm summer nights.
Anytime I see a cherry cheesecake, I immediately think of my brother who requests this dessert any chance he gets. Growing up, we got used to Mom’s homemade cherry cheesecake pies that we would devour within a day. It would literally turn into a feeding frenzy between the 3 kids and if you didn’t sneak into the fridge for a serving every chance you got, you’d likely miss out.
Since then I’ve had to adjust to a gluten free, dairy free lifestyle and I didn’t want to lose out on these memorable desserts so I set out to create a variation that fits my dietary needs. A flavorful, creamy cheesecake doesn’t take expert culinary skills to make. In fact, this dessert is so easy to make you might as well put it on the menu all summer long.
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake | Gluten Free & Dairy Free | 3 Servings
Ingredients for the Crust
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free graham cracker crumbs, finely ground
- ¼ cup vegan butter, melted
Ingredients for the Filling
- 2 - 8oz packages dairy free cream cheese
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup dairy free sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for the Topping
- 14.5 oz can cherry pie topping
- In a mixing bowl, combine the finely ground graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter. Stir until well blended. Press into the bottom of wine glasses (or mini dessert glasses, mason jars, etc).
- Using a hand mixer, beat the dairy free cream cheese until it has a smooth consistency. Slowly add the sugar and continue to mix for approximately 1-2 minutes. Continue by adding the dairy free sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Carefully pour the cream cheese mixture into the wine glasses and smooth out.
- Spoon the cherry pie filling over top.
- Place glasses in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
Even as an adult, I haven’t been able to curb my sweet-tooth cravings. I would hands down prefer a decadent dessert over salty snacks and am often delegated with the task of bringing a sweet treat to a gathering with friends and family. To add a little creative spin to how I served the no bake cherry cheesecake, I used stemless wine glasses. Arriving at the door with a tray of these followed by a few bottles of Cambria’s Bench Break Chardonnay, I was certainly welcomed with open arms!
Written By: Kristin Mansky