Let’s hope the worst of winter is behind us and we’re all looking forward to sunny, spring days ahead. I’m ready to banish my dry, dull skin with this easy to make, homemade lavender whipped body butter. I love the simplicity of this recipe and that each ingredient is all-natural, organic and incredibly good for our bodies. Get ready to slather your body in the rich, decadent cream that’ll instantly transport you to a luxurious spa.
I love having fresh lavender throughout my bedroom, bathroom and closet. It gives off such a calming, relaxing fragrance and the essential oil used in the whipped body butter mimics the same properties. Allow your mind and body to unwind and kick your feet up with a nice glass of wine while the body butter soaks in.
Soothing Lavender Whipped Body Butter
- ½ cup coconut oil (solid form)
- ½ cup sweet almond oil
- 1 cup shea butter
- 15-20 drops of lavender essential oil
- Glass jars with lids
- Add the coconut oil, almond oil and shea butter to a stainless steel or glass mixing bowl. Using a double boiler method, constantly stir with a whisk until melted.
- Remove from heat and place in fridge to cool.
- Once solid, add essential oils and use a hand mixer to whisk mixture until creamy. Immediately spoon into glass jars and seal with an airtight lid.
This soothing whipped body butter is the perfect compliment to the relaxing lavender body scrub you’ve hopefully already made. After giving your body a good scrub, immediately follow it up with this soothing body butter to lock in the moisture and leave your skin hydrated all day long.
You can never go wrong pairing coconut oil and shea butter in your natural skincare routine. Coconut oil has natural fatty acids that protect, heal and soothe the skin. Shea butter is a skin superfood due to it being naturally rich in vitamins A, E and F and it offers a tiny bit of UV protection. Using this body butter regularly will give your skin a boost of nourishment that’ll have you glowing throughout the day.
Healthy, soft, moisturized skin awaits you. Enjoy!
Written By: Kristin Mansky of Modish & Main