If you're looking for a quick and easy but super fun host or hostess gift to bring with you to your next holiday party, look no further than this fragrant herb wreath! My brother made one for my mom a few years ago and it was such a nice touch in the kitchen--it made the whole room smell great and looked really pretty, too. All you need is some wire, fresh rosemary, a little bit of ribbon, and of course a couple bottles of wine--one for crafting and one to bring along as part of the gift when you're done!
- Florist wire (I used dark green)
- Several sprigs of fresh rosemary--I just bought two packages from the refrigerated section at my grocery store
- Ribbon (optional but makes it look much more festive)
Herb Wreath DIY Instructions:
- Cut a long piece of wire and loop it around itself into a big circle. I made a large circle by wrapping the wire twice and then looped that one so the wire went around 4 times.
- Using the rosemary sprigs with the thinnest stems, arrange the herbs around the wreath, tucking the ends into the wire. Cut more wire and wrap it around the rosemary to secure. For a fuller-looking wreath, add more rosemary and secure with more wire.
- Repeat step 2 until the wreath has reached your desired fullness. Add ribbon and tie in a bow or curl with scissors (or both!).
I already have one of these little guys hanging up in my kitchen and I'm loving it! The smell of rosemary always brings me back to my childhood and my mom cooking, so I love having it around the house, even if I'm not cooking with it. I love bringing handmade gifts to people but am admittedly not the craftiest person in the world, so a 10-minutes-or-less DIY like this herb wreath is absolutely perfect for me, especially during the busy holiday season!