If you’ve headed over to your local market lately, I’m sure you have seen an abundance of stone fruit available. This time of year means plenty of apricots, peaches, nectarines, plums and cherries.
Though I love these fruits in my favorite pies & on top of salads, one of my favorite ways to serve them is straight off the grill. It may look and sound gourmet, but this recipe is so quick and easy you’ll friends will be wondering where you’ve been hiding these culinary skills all this time!
Enjoy grilled stone fruit with a glass of wine that supports the sweetness of the dish and compliments the natural acidity. We like pairing the dish with the 2012 Bench Break Chardonnay due to it having tasting notes reflecting pineapple, white peach, and citrus blossom along with hints of toast and vanilla. Another great suggestion is our 2012 Katherine’s Vineyard Chardonnay complete with tasting notes of subtle tropical and citrus aromas with pineapple, stone fruit and apple flavors leading to a nice crisp, fresh finish.
Grilled Stone Fruit with Honey Yogurt Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 6 minutes | Total Time: 16 minutes
- Assorted Stone Fruit : Peaches, Apricots, Nectarines, Plums
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- ¼ cup Almonds
- ¼ cup Dried Cranberries
- ¼ cup Granola Clusters or Oats
- In a small bowl, stir together greek yogurt, honey and vanilla extract together. Set aside.
- Pre-heat the grill or grill pan to high. May require using a non-stick olive oil spray to prevent sticking.
- Slice the stone fruit in half and place face down on grill / grill pan.
- Grill each side approximately 2-3 minutes per side until grill marks appear.
- Place grilled stone fruit on serving platter along with honey yogurt sauce and garnishments of dried cranberries and granola clusters.
Providing optional almonds, granola and dried cranberries for you or your guests allows them to customize their treat for a little extra sweet, salty or crunchy addition on top!
Written By: Kristin Mansky