The holiday and celebration season is officially in full effect and New Year’s Eve is quickly approaching! Whether you’re throwing a huge bash, or a small get together, you can celebrate and ring in the New Year with some glitter and sparkle!
Impress all your friends this year with this chardonnay chantilly cream dessert that they will all be begging for more! Anything with glitter is a winner in my book, and it is the perfect time of year to let your glitter love do the talking!
For this recipe, it is fairly straightforward. Chantilly Cream with chardonnay pastry cream. I used Cambria's Benchbreak Chardonnay for my pastry cream. It is festive and the light crispness of the chardonnay is a perfect addition to this creamy dessert.
Chardonnay Chantilly Cream Dessert
Gold Sugar-rim Glasses
- Gold large crystal sugar or other large crystal sugar.
- Corn syrup or piping gel.
- Pour a little corn syrup or piping gel into a small shallow dish. Pour large crystal sugar into another shallow dish.
- Lightly dip the rims of the glasses into the corn syrup and then into the sugar. Let sugar rimmed glasses stand at room temperature while the other elements are prepared.
Chardonnay Pastry Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1 cup Cambria Chardonnay
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- In a medium bowl, whisk cornstarch in ½ cup of heavy cream, set aside. Combine the remaining heavy cream, sugar and cup of chardonnay in a saucepan; heat until the mixture just starts to bubble - don’t let it boil or most of the chardonnay flavor will cook out. Remove from heat.
- Beat the whole eggs and egg yolks into the cornstarch/heavy cream mixture. Pour 1/3 of boiling chardonnay mixture into the egg mixture, whisking constantly so the eggs do not cook. Return the remaining chardonnay/heavy cream mixture to a boil. Pour in the hot egg mixture in a stream, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and beat in the butter and vanilla. Refrigerate until firm. Once firm, divide into parfait glasses (5), top with Chantilly cream, top with pastry cream, then top with Chantilly Cream. Garnish with more gold sugar.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla (or one vanilla bean with beans scraped out)
- In a chilled bowl (preferably metal) pour chilled cream, sugar and vanilla. Mix with an electric mixer and beat until soft peaks begin to form. Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large star decorator tip.
Do you want to add more glitter and sparkle to your New Year’s Eve with this DIY Sparkle Tray? Get the directions on how-to here: DIY Sparkle Tray.