Satisfy your cravings for a sweet treat with these caramel grape pops topped with crushed peanuts and a dark chocolate drizzle. I bet you can’t have just one!
Our favorite traditional dessert of decadent caramel apples just got shrunk to a mini version with these bite-size grape pops. These could quite possibly be the perfect dessert to munch on all spring and summer while you relax under the patio umbrella sipping a chilled glass of chardonnay. I would, however, recommend inviting some friends over because before you know it, you’ve devoured 12 of these little guys and there isn’t any sign of slowing down. They’re that good.
Caramel Grape Pops with Dark Chocolate Drizzle
1 large container of seedless green grapes
1 cup caramel sauce*
½ cup dark chocolate sauce**
1 cup chopped peanuts
*Regular Caramel Sauce — 1 cup caramel bits + 2 tbsp heavy cream
*Vegan Caramel Sauce — homemade recipe available here.
**Chocolate Sauce — use your favorite chocolate chips (vegan included) and melt over a double boiler.
- De-stem the grapes, wash and thoroughly dry on paper towel.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a toothpick through the top of the grapes.
- In separate small saucepans, warm the caramel and dark chocolate and pour into glass jars or bowls.
- Place chopped peanuts into a separate bowl and set on the counter with the caramel and chocolate.
- Dip the grapes into the caramel and then immediately coat them with the chopped peanuts. Set on the baking sheet. Do this for all the grapes before adding the chocolate.
- Using a spatula dipped in the chocolate sauce, drizzle across the grapes.Alternatively, you could dip half of the grape into the chocolate sauce after the caramel sauce is semi-dry.
- Place baking sheet in the fridge to allow sauces to harden. Serve in a bowl or on a tray as a snack or dessert.
I think what makes these caramel grape pops so great is that you aren’t having to commit to eating an entire apple coated in caramel, peanuts and chocolate. It’s a little nibble here and there and they’re absolutely perfect for sharing. As someone who doesn’t consume dairy, you can easily make a vegan caramel sauce and substitute vegan chocolate chips without your guests ever knowing the difference. This is truly a dessert everyone can enjoy!
Written By: Kristin Mansky of Modish & Main
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends on Pinterest!