Brunch is a playful meal where I love to have fun with the food I prepare. Rather than have the traditional eggs, bacon, biscuits of breakfast, I combined many of the same ingredients for a light and fluffy puffs. They’re easy to make, easy to serve and even easier to enjoy! These bacon cheese puffs are always a huge success and are the perfect savory addition for a beautiful brunch.
Bacon Cheese Puffs
- 5 slices of bacon, chopped small
- ½ c milk
- ½ c water
- 4 Tbsp butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp onion flakes
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 ¼ c flour, sifted
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz parmesan cheese wedge, freshly shredded
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon over medium heat. Remove bacon, leaving grease in pan.
- Add milk, water, butter, salt, onion flakes and sugar. Stir until combined.
- Quickly stir in flour until a dough ball forms. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add in eggs, careful not to over mix. Stir in chopped bacon, parmesan, and chives.
- Using a large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, drop balls of dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or golden.
This recipe makes 1 dozen large puffs or 2 dozen small puffs and takes just 15 minutes hands on time!
Don’t forget to stop by my blog for the sweet compliment to these Bacon Cheese Puffs - a 5 minute rustic strawberry tart!