It’s that time again - dinner hour - and your stomach is growing as the clock ticks on. Have a spare 20 minutes? Set your timer and get to work whipping up this easy, delicious and oh-so-healthy weekday dinner recipe!
Weekday Dinner Recipe
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts and Crumbled Bacon Bowl
- 1.5 pounds of Brussels sprouts
- 5 slices of bacon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups of trimmed kale
- In a large pan, fry 5 slices of bacon on high heat for 4-6 minutes, turning bacon twice until browned. While bacon is frying, wash the Brussels sprouts and kale, and trim on a cutting board. Set aside.
- Once crispy and cooked, remove bacon with tongs and pat dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- In the same large pan (bacon grease included), add in halved Brussels sprouts, sea salt, black pepper, garlic salt and lemon juice. Sautee on medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring often.
- Once Brussels sprouts have browned, add in kale and crumbled bacon, then stir for 1-2 additional minutes to coat.
- Serve with additional lemon wedges to taste.
Expecting a crowd or a weekend feast? Serve as a side dish and let this baked eggplant parmesan take center stage. Whatever you do, don’t forget the wine! We paired our dish with Cambria’s Benchbreak Pinot Noir and a hickory table full of love.
Happy dinner hour, friends!
By: Erin Loechner - Design For Mankind