Summer entertaining doesn't have to be complicated or fussy. This simple and flavorful flatbread will impress your guests and leave them craving seconds. Not to mention flatbread is a wonderful dish to pair with wine.
Roasted Tomato Flatbread
- 1 prepared ball of pizza dough
- 9 ripe roma tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Split dough into two balls and roll into two elongated oval crusts.
- Brush the crust with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Set aside the rest for the tomatoes.
- Bake at 325 for 8-9 minutes until just set, but not browned.
- Slice the tomatoes in half length-wise and arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Brush with remaining oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes,
- then turn the oven down to 275 and cook for another hour.
- The tomatoes should be darkly browned and sunken in.
- Top the crusts with the roasted tomatoes, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Throw on the grill (or back into the oven) for just a few minutes until the cheese is melted and crusts have browned.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
For more ideas and recipes check out our Dinner Party Series!